Having a beautiful garden is within everyone’s reach. Whether it is small, medium or large, an exterior can be enhanced by several criteria. After all, the goal is to feel good and get that “wow” effect every time you go there. And for that, you have to take the plunge now! Decorating, landscaping and creating your green space, we give you the ideas and advice that will sublimate your exterior to make it the ideal garden.
1. Have a beautiful lawn
Without a beautiful lawn to cover the ground of your garden, the rendering will not be the one so expected. It is therefore important to first give all your attention to the creation of a lawn if you do not have one. The first choice to make will be: seeded or rolled grass? The installation of a lawn in roll is faster than seeding; however, it is more expensive and technical.
When choosing the seeding technique, you will need to choose your grass seed, depending on where you live and what you want to do with it, such as grass that is resistant to trampling, drought and disease. Once installed, or if you already have a lawn, be aware that it requires maintenance to have a beautiful backyard. Mowing, fertilizing, scarifying and watering are essential to keep the beauty of this natural green carpet, which perfectly decorates the gardens.
2. Installing structures
Having one or more structures in your outdoor area is an asset to use to have a beautiful garden. There are many to choose from, depending on your budget, the space available and, most importantly, your taste.
- First idea of structure: a pond where can live magnificent fish and some leaves of water lilies inscribes immediately the serenity as well as the softness in a backyard. As an added bonus, the sound of flowing water accentuates the Zen effect and tranquillity.
- Second structure idea: a beautiful pergola. In addition to being practical when the sun is at its zenith, it gives your garden a sense of structure and architecture. All left to do is install a few flower pots, a backyard lounge or a bench to fully enjoy it!
- Third structure idea: an arch. It also brings its share of decoration: simple to install and not greedy in terms of space, you can decorate it by hanging flowerpots and letting beautiful climbing plants run through it.
- Fourth structure idea: wooden panels, which in addition to eliminating any vis-à-vis, can visually enclose the space, strengthening the feeling of a cocoon. They add a natural aesthetic touch to the garden.
3. Create a vegetable garden to have a beautiful garden
What could be more beautiful than a place to grow fruits and vegetables? With a small vegetable garden, your garden will be sublimated. Indeed, it brings color between salads, tomatoes, yellow peppers, cabbage, and zucchini. You are spoilt for choice! Then, this element has the merit of linking the useful to the pleasant; in addition to this element which decorates the garden, you can consume your harvests.
You structure the area by setting up vegetable garden squares or rectangles, making it even more visually pleasing. You can also fence off this area and install a small gate, or surround it with various decorations such as a bench, a workbench with your tools, or shrubs and bushes, for example.
To start your vegetable garden in the best way, don’t hesitate to ask for information to gather the optimal conditions for your future fruits and vegetables. Smaller gardens can grow herbs in pots and still have a nice place to pick your own plants to enjoy.
4. Decorate with flowers
Geraniums, daturas, begonias, impatiens or petunias, you are spoiled for choice when it comes to choosing flowers, especially since flowers are a great way to make a beautiful garden for less. Creating colorful and diversified flowerbeds will give you a more pleasant look. For this, don’t hesitate to plant flowers from all seasons in order to enjoy their blooms all year long.
Create areas dedicated to these plants, such as areas bordered by stones or wooden logs. They will be the decorative and colorful touch to your backyard. Imagine them running around your exterior, complete with a small vegetable garden, a flowering arch and a beautiful, dense green lawn. You can already see yourself there, can’t you?
Sound off in the comments section below and tell us what you want to read next, and if you want to read more about garden makeovers.
Can I simply say what a comfort to uncover a person that genuinely understands what they are
talking about on the net. You actually realize how to bring an issue to light and make it important.
More and more people ought to look at this and understand this side of the story.
I was surprised you aren’t more popular given that you surely possess the gift.
[…] the nursery beds frequently! Watering my cauliflower nursery beds in the morning is a very relaxing activity for […]