Garden Lighting Ideas for an Enchanting Charm
– Outdoor lighting: the magic of a lit garden…
– Outdoor lighting: a terrace under the stars
– Swimming pool lighting: which outdoor light?
– Lighting the way with an outdoor light
Outdoor lighting: the magic of a lit garden…
Choosing a lighting fixture concerns the interior and exterior parts of your home: garden, terrace, path, and pool…
Wrap your garden in a halo of lights that has a crazy and enchanting charm. The lighting of your exterior is like a final touch to your home. Take care to wrap your garden in a halo of lights to enjoy this space at nightfall, as it has a crazy and enchanting charm.
A small rule, however:
– make sure to realize simple and exceptionally discreet installations,
– It is not necessary to overdo it either; it must remain a garden, a place where nature prevails, and not a hall of mirrors!
Good to know: since July 1, 2013, facade lighting, except for installations with presence detection, must be turned off no later than 1 a.m. and can only be turned on after sunset.
Outdoor lighting: attention to safety in the garden
The electrical safety of electrical equipment is defined by its Protection Index.
The higher the number, the better the insulation of the element.
For the garden, it is advisable to choose only equipment with an index greater than or equal to 44, the ideal being even 66 to withstand more easily water projections (rain).
An outdoor light to emphasize the bushes of the trees
The night lighting gives the garden a fairy touch.
For this, you should not hesitate to enhance the design of your garden. The stone of the paving … will contribute to the enhancement of your garden.
Here is the type of outdoor lighting that you can use :
– adjustable spotlights lighting upwards: emphasize the curves and colours of your tall vegetation,
– some can be inserted into the ground and removed to pass the lawnmower,
– oriented towards the ground, they will light a mass of plantations.
Outdoor lighting: a terrace under the stars
The lighting of the deck is a must.
According to your preferences and habits, adapt the lighting accordingly:
– if you take meals outside, install a light a little intense (and especially in height): a suspension or sconces,
– if you want to highlight the surroundings around a shared drink: play on the intensity of the bulb (lower intensity, soft, diffuse),
– If you like to read, you will need a well-directed light: small floor lamp…
Swimming pool lighting: which outdoor light?
The soft glow of a pool lit up at night, a magnificent night vision…which will allow swimming at nightfall:
– the latest trend: floating lamps on the water…,
– don’t forget the photophores: simple to install and romantic,
– for a dazzling light: LED or halogen spotlights.
Important: Lighting the pool area has another major interest, signalling this watering hole is complete safety.
Lighting the path with an outdoor light
Lighting the path leading to the garage or the stairs leading down from the terrace has several advantages:
– to circulate in total safety,
– to provide a correct vision of these places to be used at night,
– add an aesthetic touch to your garden or terrace.
The solution for the illuminated bollards is simple and correct:
– Solar bollards:
◦ without consumption and inexpensive, are of low power but, depending on the case, can be enough,
◦ practical, you can multiply the number, even move them after a while!